Condé Predappio Sangiovese MGA Riserva

Condé Predappio Sangiovese MGA Riserva

In the vineyard:

The best parcels of the vineyards are carefully selected to produce our “Riserva” of Sangiovese 100%. The particular rocks composition of the soil, the right exposure and the low amounts of buds per vine, allow the vine to produce bunches smaller than the average of the grape.

In the cellar:

The grapes are destemmed and soft crushed; the alcoholic fermentation is carried out in stainless steel tank at controlled temperature for 15-20 days.
Pump-overs and délestage procedures are frequently carried throughout the vinification process, as to have a perfect extraction of the components from the skins.
After the racking, 70% of the wine is transferred to stainless steel tanks while the remaining 30% is moved into barrels for malolactic fermentation. After that the wine ages in French oak barrels for 18 months and a further period in bottle before release.

The wine:

Deep ruby colour with glints of violet, tending towards garnet with ageing. This Sangiovese has an intense bouquet of fruit, balsamic aromas in the mouth with long persistence, fine tannins are of rare elegance and the remarkable mineral character accompanies the long finish. A full bodied wine with a great ageing potential and complexity, thanks to his unique characteristics it is the true interpreter of our terroir.